Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"I know that you don't care but I want you to know.."



The best way to end a Birthday weekend is crammed between an iron fence and hundreds of people! Weezer being there didn't hurt either!
Seriously... seriously.. best band in the world!
I first fell in love with Weezer in public school when they came out with their green album (I realize this is dating me.. in a really young sort of way!). I couldnt get enough of the song Hash Pipe, which seems out of character right? .. As it turns out, I was unaware that they had radio edited the song to make it 'Half pipe' and this was during an 'I want to be a cool skateboarder' phase. So obviously I couldnt go wrong with an awesome song about skatebording ---"You've got your big g's, I've got my half pipe." My best friend bought me the Green cd for Christmas that year and I was hooked!.. even when I found out the truth that it was actually about drugs, which makes the rest of the song make so much more sense!
This weekend Weezer was the grand finale for the 2 week long concert series called Bluesfest. The greatest part-- can I even pick a greatest part? That makes me feel like I'm cheating on all of the amazing parts--- was that they played all of their best songs from each of their seven albums. I have had trouble getting into the last two albums, the red album and Raditude, mostly from laziness on my part, so it was perfect that they played their greatest hits.
We got their early and made it to the front row, we were close enough to see them sweat. Rivers came down from the stage a few times and we got soo close! Also I'm positive Patrick Wilson smiled at me-- I have a thing for drummers. I admit I was just a little starstruck!! Seriously though, thats like ten years of love packed into one night of awesomeness! <-- I should probably start using a thesaurus for these things... stupefying? wondrous? zero cool? ya I've never heard of that last one!
Anyways Weezer was everything I hoped for and more. Each song brought me back to different points of my life because in some ways I feel like I grew up with Weezer.

Okay these are kind of small and don't portray the absolute magnificence that was the concert but I thought I'd share some pics!



This picture I stole from Weezers website, but it gives you an idea of the crazy amount of people there! Fans go as far back as those white tents, it was insane! Also I was standing on the left hand side probably a little more left than the cymbal--- Such a good spot!





Rivers Cuomo!! Did I mention that he was ALL over the place? He was jumping all over the stage, he ran around seeing people in the crowd, he climbed up the scaffolding on the stage and down a rope ladder--- he is an amazing entertainer, so fun to watch!



Rivers coming down using the Rope ladder. This ladder was directly in front of us, so he was probably only a few feet away! I got pushed soo hard into the fence.. everyone wanted to get as close as possible!



PATRICK WILSON!! Don't let his age fool you, he is clearly still a charmer!! I'll never forget our moment!

Amazing night, perfect end to a perfect birthday week!!
-B

2 comments:

  1. I am glad it was so fun. I wish it was not on a sunday, and that I was 50$ richer... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect except for one thing....you missed me terribly. So sad I missed the concert. You're a good writer I loved reading your blog. Love you more though. Hugs
    This is Jessica

    ReplyDelete