Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Then cried Max, "Let the Wild Rumpus Start!"....


As far as I can tell, there is no non-awkward way of starting a blog. There is something about the lack of precedence that is both terrifying and disheartening enough to make you not want to start about a thousand times over. My original plan was to create a blog cataloging things to do before I'm 22, however since that is now only a few days away that leaves me almost no time to do very many interesting things. Instead my plan is to embrace 22 and share this year with the world (aka my mom, who is probably the only one who will read this, if she can figure out how to access it).
My friend, I will call her Work Bestie gave me the idea of writing a blog about 'my firsts', essentially writing about the first time I experience something new. I think on top of that I will add other cool or random things I do, mostly as a way of journaling this year of my life. I just graduated university so this seems like the perfect year for 'things to happen' as they say and you blog world can be right there with me-- give or take a few days after the event, but still that ain't bad!
Even though there are still a few days before I am actually 22, I thought I would start early because tonight was my first Surprise Birthday Party! I was completely surprised given that my actual birthday is still a few days away. There were about 10 people there who surprised me with delicious pizza, a decorated room and a sweet fully stocked Cookie Monster pinata! Seriously you can't go wrong with that combination!! It was very sweet, despite the fact that they scared the crap out of me in the first place! I feel like my birthday has been extended an extra few days because it started so early, I'll have to inform my bosses that I need tomorrow off to celebrate some more. <--- I was recently told that I have a big head (aka ego) and I'm starting to wonder based on these comments if that is true!.. Then again I am blogging about myself so maybe its not such a secret!

Anyways this is only the beginning...
-B

2 comments:

  1. That was way better than my first blog...
    Good luck,

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!
    Hope I can help fill your year with excellent adventures!

    ReplyDelete