Monday, February 7, 2011

The 'IT' pants of the Season

According to last months Vogue, this Spring we should be giving up our skinnies (I know right? What?!) in favour of the seasons must have item: TROUSERS!!


(Derek Lam's Spring/Summer 2011 Collection)


Vogue: "Consider yourself liberated from stovepipe skinnies and tautly drawn leggings"

Now the chances of us scrapping our skinnies all together seems a bit unrealistic but incorporating trousers into our wardrobes is totally do-able. This season will be all about 70s revival and the trouser fits into that perfectly. Instead of the super tight skinnes we've been getting accustomed to for the past few years, this season will add some curves to our figures. Tuck in a tighter top made of a thin fabric into the highwaisted trousers to avoid adding extra bulk. This will also elongate the legs and show off your figure. Since most trousers are made with a longer inseam they are best worn with heels or you could try platform sandals, which we saw all over the runways this year.


(I am OBSESSED with Mary Kates adaptation!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!)

What do you guys think? Is this a trend that will translate to the streets of Ottawa?

1 comment:

  1. Um hello?
    I AM REJOICING ABOUT THIS!
    I HATE SKINNY JEANS.
    I have only one pair, and they are skinny black trousers, and only to wear with my boots. I refuse to wear pants that would make even a giraffe look fat.
    Who knows about Ottawa, but I can assure you that I will be rocking this all over Calgary, Swift Current, Harrow and wherever else my meanderings take me!
    MIss you B!
    CC-A

    ReplyDelete