Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Do You Know the Way to San Jose?!

Its been a long couple of weeks waiting but today I received my call to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The call was sent by FedEx since it had been delayed because of the Postal Strike, so it arrived at my work shortly before I got there and then I basically stared at it for the rest of my 7 hour shift! haha

Quite a few people were able to be with me to open the letter but so many others who I love weren't able to be there! I thought I would share some parts because I wish you could have come!

My co-worker called me when I was on the bus on the way to work to tell me my call had just arrived! Im pretty sure I floated the rest of the way there!

Clarissa was sweet enough to bake me a delicious rainbow-vanilla cake!!

 Here it is in all its unedited glory!

I don't know exactly what to say quite yet, the whole thing is still sinking in. It felt very much like an out of body experience and Im really excited for the person going to San Jose California and who has to learn Spanish.. at some point it will sink in that that's me!
I've never been to California, I've always wanted to go.. and Spanish.. oh man bring it on! This should be interesting!

My life is about to change in hundreds of different ways, but I'm excited for a new chapter, for new experiences and challenges and I know that I won't be alone along the way. I have been very blessed in my own life and hope to be able to help others know the happiness and joy that comes from knowing who you are, where you come from and where you're going!

-B
p.s. I don't leave until November 2nd, so you're stuck with me for a bit!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU. Thanks for posting this. I also saved the message to my phone. I am so proud of you. You will be great!!!! Can't wait to see you.
    Love you lots.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna!! Congratulations just seems like the most lame thing to tell you right now since this news supersedes any conventional milestone! I'm SOOOO happy for you! I have no doubt that you'll be an incredible missionary. Just think of all the lives you are going to change forever! Oh man, it gives me the shivers. You are such an inspiration my friend!

    ReplyDelete