Thursday, December 16, 2010

Online Gems

So I realize money does not buy happiness but oh the things I would buy if I had more of it. Most people know that I am a jewelery addict. I spend far too much time looking at jewelery only to realize I really can't justify buying most of it. For almost any accessory I say the more extravagant, the better!--- which usually means my taste ends up costing quite the pretty penny. My biggest weakness is rings! I swoon at the sight of a huge statement ring, or a double or triple fingered ring-- some people call them tacky-- but there can never be quite enough embellishments!
I thought I would give you a look at some of the things I've found online and kept my eye on lately!

Earrings:
I actually keep things pretty simple when it comes to earrings. My hair is down most of the time so earrings kind of get lost behind all of the curls.

So this is called an ear cuff. I'm not sure if I'd actually wear one but I thought I'd show you guys and see what you think?!


These are the 'I Ain't Lion Earrings' from Modcloth.com-- My dad used to call me lion because of my mane of red curls so I've always had a soft spot for them. Plus these are just so regal!


These are from a really cute website called Spottedmoth.com that Thea showed me. Maybe these go back to my love for The Little Mermaid.


Bracelets:
I recently started wearing bracelets again when I found a vintage gold charm bracelet of my moms-- I broke one of the charms and now I can't wear it for fear I'll break more. Now I'm on the look out for a similar one.

Combine my new love for charm bracelets with my love of the preppy-style crests and you've got a winner!


I just think this fox is so cute and unique!


Talk about a splurge and a half-- This vintage Chanel bracelet is $1,267.14!!


Necklaces:
I find necklaces kinda awkward to wear because sometimes when they go over top of my shirt I feel like a grandma-- does anyone else have this problem? So the necklace either has to be super long or shorter than the top of my shirt.
If I could get away with it I would love to wear more necklaces like this one:
This is called a 'Cross Harness' and I think its soo cool that it wraps around the body. Micalla (at Ottawa Fashion Week) had some amazing pieces that almost looked like tops in their own right!


Possibly my favourite necklace EVER! I've thought about making it but I dont think my craft skills are up to par-- I've had my eye on it for a couple years but just cant justify it.


Rings:
Rings are by far my favourite! These are just a couple cool examples (the list could seriously go on and on and on... and on!)

This one screams Lady Gaga (well subtle Lady Gaga anyways) Its a hinged metal armour ring and its wicked!


This is a Juicy Couture cluster ring with pearls-- its so pretty and feminine but is still a nice big size.


I want a link ring sooo badly!!!


This is the 'One in a Million' Ring from Modcloth-- Its like 300$ but its soo cool. I wonder if it would stay on well?


Other:
I am in love with this removable epaulette brooch I found on ASOS.com-- I am addicted to epaulettes on my tops and this is a genius idea because you can add it to every top! Good thing I don't own it because I'd be tempted to do just that!


I think its a good thing I'm not rich because this would be NECESSARY for my Lady Gaga costume--- Its $422! Buying this for cheap is silly.. buying it for that much is a crime!

Aimee told me that I could do anything with my day off except online shop and write on my blog-- I found a way of doing both! oops! If I could find a job doing this, oh the happy girl I'd be!

No comments:

Post a Comment